The Capital Markets FX Technology group builds and delivers mission critical technology that powers the LSEG foreign exchange trading platforms where spot, forwards, swaps, and option transactions are executed. These platforms are used by buy-side, sell-side, corporates, and central banks to offer and transact more than $425B of foreign exchange daily. The platforms operate with high throughput and low-latency and must stay ahead of the technology curve to keep up with the markets and customer demands. The FX Technology group also develops technology that handles the pre-trade, trade workflow and post trade reporting for transactions on the platform. The trading process generates a tremendous amount of data which is used for internal and customer analytics, trade reporting and data submitted to various regulatory bodies. Our FX Trading venues provides customers the capabilities they need to dynamically price, manage, hedge and trade as required by their businesses.
LSEG has established itself as the industry leading provider of FX Trading venues. A rare opportunity has recently become available in the FX Technology team for an architect who will own a significant aspect of the governance, strategy, and design of the FX Technology platform.
- Applies knowledge of technologies, design patterns and standards to creation of software product or customer solution
- Provides architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the developer community
- Evaluates and recommends tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborates with business sponsors, peers, and end users to produce market leading technology solutions
- Interprets customer business needs to articulate technology solutions
- Coordinates emergent architecture across development teams
- Own architecture governance status and review
- Engage with CM, ATS and CISO leadership teams
- Architecture designs for Capital Markets FX solutions
- System Architecture Documentation
- Adoption of policies supporting service and customer experience.
- Architecture requirements for service improvement
- Simplification of estate, innovation in technology, alignment to corporate standards, relevance of business solution for infrastructure and operations
- Conformance to standards/exception
- Evolution of standards
- Time to market milestone of projects
- Comprehensive technology risk and signed off remediation plan at launch
- A proven track record of delivering Application and Cloud Solution Architectures.
- Extensive experience selecting and implementing Cloud services using AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing solutions for large systems that are scalable, extensible, performant, secure and highly available.
- Experienced in communicating with senior leadership and proven communication skills to work across technical and business teams.
- Experienced in working with vendors.
- Understanding of the business domain, including: risk management; customer and third-party risk; the regulatory marketplace.
- Understanding of the financial markets
- Experience of trading/FX systems
- Possesses robust analytical skills with the ability to synthesize business requirements with technology capabilities to produce a coherent solution architecture that fits with the rest of the ecosystem.
- Has the ability, under pressure, to rapidly troubleshoot underlying issues and to lead teams to arrive at and craft viable solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to operate across organizational boundaries, to influence vendors and technology staff and to have an impact on the internal and external technology community.
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by expressive oral and written communication.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.