Get a pension while working for one of CO's top aerospace companies!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Tori Bender
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
A Bit About Us
Our aerospace client is seeking a Solutions Architect (SA) for Azure Cloud to lead design and architecture activities for a variety of Azure cloud computing environments and project activities to support IaaS and PaaS requirements in the Azure Cloud, and ensures those designs adequately represent and support the needs of the business and application teams.
Intimately involved with both the Enterprise Architecture and the business solutions teams, the SA ensures alignment of designs to business and IT visions, requirements, and architectural standards and frameworks. The SA provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards.
Why join us?
401(k) savings plan & company match
401(k) performance sharing match
Paid holidays, vacation & sick leave
Employee stock purchase plan & company match
US Citizenship is required.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with business partners, Business Relationship Managers, and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) in translating business and technical requirements into architectural blueprints to achieve business objectives.
- In coordination with Enterprise Application, Infrastructure, Security, and Data Architects, lead the creation of a 3-5 year enterprise cloud vision and strategy (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) to support the key business processes and requirements.
- Guide execution of the cloud vision by providing technical expertise/guidance in cloud technologies.
- Ensure security needs are met.
- Define overall architecture and develop documentation deliverables for solutions.
- Analyze portfolio of applications and detect critical deficiencies, technical debt, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Estimate initial project proposal scope, initial cost estimation and develop initial logical system architecture.
What You’ll Need
- Related Bachelor’s and 10 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 16 or more years of related experience (degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education).
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting cloud infrastructure in support of business applications and other business requirements
- Broad knowledge of all layers of Azure cloud infrastructure, services, and security.
- 5+ years of experience in a solution architecture, systems engineering, software development, systems administration, or similar role
- Knowledge of various aspects of an enterprise technology architecture like business, information, technology, and security.
- Broad platform and technical exposure including On-Premise, Cloud, SaaS.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of cloud financial models and budgeting preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture Toolset for capturing architecture deliverables and roadmaps (e.g. Orbus Software iServer) preferred
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF preferred).
- Experience in Business Capability Mapping (e.g. APQC preferred).
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button.