Synechron draws on over 15 years of financial services IT consulting experience to provide expert systems integration expertise and technical development work in highly complex areas within financial services. This includes Enterprise Architecture & Strategy, Application Development & Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Management, Data & Analytics, and Cloud Computing. Synechron is one of the world’s leading systems integrators for specialist technology solutions including Murex, Calypso, Pega, and others, and also provides traditional offshoring capabilities with off-shore development centers located in Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai as well as near-shoring capabilities for European banks with development centers in Serbia. Synchrony's technology team works with traditional technologies and platforms like Java, C++, Python, and others as well as the most cutting-edge technologies from blockchain to artificial intelligence. Learn more at http://synechron.com/technology
Position: Solution Architect
Location: Charlotte, NC / Iselin, NJ
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Client: Insurance Industry
We are looking for a detail-oriented Domain Architect to assist in the technology and process architecture of Legal Risk and Compliance domains. The Architect's responsibilities include improving the current IT infrastructure, optimizing business processes, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs. The Domain Architect is also responsible for cataloging, developing, coordinating, communicating, maintaining, and enforcing overall enterprise architecture models, representations, initiatives, capabilities, and components to adequately perform the organization's business and technology activities.
- Evaluating internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes and suggesting improvements.
- Create current and Target state architecture and roadmaps for LR&C
- Portfolio analysis of the application inventory/platforms supporting business domains
- Suggesting ideas to simplify, innovate and reduce costs in IT and business leadership.
- Providing business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Ensuring the efficiency, security, and support of the organization's goals.
- Creating methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Determining and implementing build versus buy strategies and views of the overall business/technology strategy.
- Lead data technology strategy, architecture, design and best practices
- Lead the development of patterns, standards and best practices in the data engineering and solutions space.
- Review and identify data solutions by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess data implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the migration of data and services from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Review current data platforms and solutions and recommend solutions to improve new and existing data capabilities.
- Work with Central teams and leverage Center of excellence to upskill the organization towards next gen data platforms and solutions
- Work collaboratively with developers to set tasks of data phase; should be knowledgeable of subject area to read, influence and provide feedback on conceptual data model
- Act as advisor to developer for subject matter expertise and direction
- Oversee project development and release upholding team principles and standards, ensuring deliverables are of accuracy and quality and satisfy operational as well as functional requirements
- Develop and uphold development standards of work; display ownership of the standards evolving, improving, communicating and cross team implementing enhancements/changes
- Lead Dev Ops Tools integration in support of agility
- Work closely with LRC Technology Program Managers to lead the LRC Portfolio governance
Flexibility to work additional hours on an as needed basis to meet deadlines
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law