- Full-time role (contracting during transition period possible)
- Hybrid work (remote and office – once deemed safe) and flexible hours
- Compensation 65k – 80k p.a. depending on experience
- Employee share options plan in place (HMRC registered)
- Budget for Learning Material and Courses
Actioncy Tech Ltd. is a marketing technology company founded 2019 in London. We started the company with the aim to make the games industry's marketing and operations more agile, efficient and impactful.
We are backed by angel investors with FAANG, advertising and gaming backgrounds that believe in our mission and the potential of our team. We're proud to count the largest and fastest growing games companies to our clients and partners.
We are looking for a mid to senior level, passionate, keen learning developer to join our team in an open, focussed and ownership culture. Embracing innovative technology while having a pragmatic approach to getting things done is what our champions are made of.
Fullstack is a big word, we know. We appreciate you might lean more towards backend or frontend and we make sure your skills are complementary to the rest of the team. It’s important to us that we have each other’s back.
Our stack evolves with the projects we work on. Our frontend work is based around modern React applications (Next.js as well as proprietary SSR), using CSS-in-JS (styled-components, stitches) and transitioning to Typescript. In collaboration with designers we are building design systems to make it easier to build consistent interfaces.
The backend of our current project runs on node.js/express and interfaces with the ecosystem of microservices and the CMS. These are backed by various types of data storage, including DynamoDB, Redis and MongoDB. We've built other backends in the past using Python, Django and event sourcing.
The infrastructure is on AWS across EC2, Fargate, EKS and Lambda's, using Terraform for provisioning.
- Work alongside our Developers, Product Designer and Founder to refine and apply the vision of lean, fast and fun to use games industry B2B applications while in direct exchange with our clients and users
- Augment our client's web teams based in the US (East Coast), enhancing their delivery and take initiatives to improve the current code base while improving developer and employee user experience
- Comfortably speak to various stake holders in one of the largest and fastest growing games industry companies around the world with a focus on UK, NA and the EU
Experience and Key Skills
- Good communication skills and possession of the English language, both verbally and written. We're mostly non-native speakers, English is the lingua franca of the company and how we communicate with our clients
- You have 3+ years of experience building web applications (bonus: large codebase) and you care to keep your applications performant, well designed and secure.
- You worked with and designed/build APIs and have a good understanding of different database technologies, both relational and non-relational
- You enjoy exploring a technology you haven’t used yet
- You have used cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Vercel, Heroku etc. Bonus for infrastructure-as-code
- Having worked with Event Driven Systems, Domain Driven Design or games companies (studio or publisher or agency side) is a bonus but not a must
As an early stage startup we are offering a share options plan on top of a competitive salary. The role allows for flexible working hours as we value self started delivery culture over 9 to 5 thinking.
We are catering for a flexible, remote and hybrid working approach. We do ask for the flexibility to attend multi-day workshops in London when deemed safe for R&D and team building purposes.
Our offices are a walking distance away from Farringdon in London, near Leather Lane and Exmouth Market. We are part of a welcoming games industry hub which provides a creative and tech savvy space including Mame Cabinet. The hub regularly hosts professional and social events to empower all our members.
We are excited to hear from you!