GSE Workforce Solutions, is currently working with a major client who are looking for a Software Engineer, Vehicle Localization, to join them in helping to develop world-class sensor systems for autonomous trucking. They are located in Mountain View, CA. It can be REMOTE or HYBRID!
Our client specializes in developing innovative autonomous technology including advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. This includes sensor fusion systems for their unique lightweight mapping solution that allows their trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones. They first published their Safety Report in 2019 and have based our development on systems engineering, the ISO26262 process and SOTIF principles.
Salary: $175-$200K, negotiable. In Mountain View, CA relocation assistance available.
We are looking for a localization engineer — a problem solver with solid expertise in state estimation, inertial navigation, and sensed odometry.
- Develop and integrate onboard navigation and pose estimation algorithms.
- Optimize sensor fusion and pose estimation using IMU, camera, and lidar sensors.
- Develop visual and lidar odometry algorithms.
- Develop navigation metrics for evaluating algorithms specifically for the autonomous trucking domain.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, innovate, create, and collaborate.
- Evaluate sensor performance and optimize sensor selection.
- Verify correct sensor calibrations, settings, and uncertainty characterizations.
- Strong technical background. BS, MS, or PhD with academic or industry experience in building navigation, localization, and odometry systems.
- Skilled in C++ and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong software engineering skills and experience building high reliability deployed applications. You write well-designed, highly maintainable code. Code is your craft.
- Experience with IMUs, and wrangling IMU data, especially in the automotive domain.
- Experience with computer vision, visual odometry, and/or odometry from point clouds
- Solid understanding of metrics, data analysis, and scientific evaluation.
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast and smart, and you are comfortable in defining and building lasting infrastructure components from scratch.
- Hands-on. Curious. Flexible. Interested in new domains to expand your horizons and provide a complete system wide solution.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise design documentation to gather feedback from across the team to find the best solution.
What they offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve
- A fast-paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and competitive pay; every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View
- Pet friendly office!
- Free catered lunch