Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Who are we? We’re a dynamic partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise in revenue cycle management. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources, and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
- Closely work with business teams on their processes/issues and identify areas of opportunities for automation to reduce manual work for operations team
- Translate business problems into functional/technical requirements using various methods (like requirement elicitation, analysis, meeting with business teams on their current challenges)
- Design and implement technical solutions to solve these business problems. Not limited to these but a few examples – create applications for automating manual work (Taking PDFs/Excel files and parsing/translating/importing to SQL server), develop end to end workflow applications, web scraping, system enhancements, etc.
- Accountable for complete product lifecycle- research, proof of concepts, architect, design, develop, unit test, deploy, maintenance of technical solutions & user documentation
- Lead the development of technical solutions and self-service data solutions, data reporting automation including occasional data extraction, etc.
- Upgrading, configuring, and debugging existing systems and providing technical support for applications
- Mentor other team members on technical skills
- Able to work in a self-directed manner and not prescribed
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and a can-do positive attitude towards challenges
- Must be able to multitask and ensure all deliverables are met timely, ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Team player with strong work ethic and service mentality, able to collaborate with all teams, solution mindset, takes ownership
- Candidate must be an innovative thinker willing to take the lead on special technical projects and manage the project until closure
- Must have excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ years of experience
- 2+ years of solid experience writing programs using SQL and producing code using .NET languages (C#, VB .NET)
- .NET Development for desktop applications in C# and/or VB (e.g. WinForms)
- Microsoft SQL Server – SSIS, SSRS, ability to write complex queries and create reporting dashboards
- MS Office – Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
- Tools – Visual Studio, SSMS
- Healthcare experience and business acumen, understanding of how healthcare billing works
- Web development
- MS Access
- Tableau / Power BI /Alteryx
- Problem solving and analytical skills, logical thinking
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to accept, create and manage change
- Excellent communication – verbal and written
- Collaboration skills – Excellent team player with strong work ethic and service mentality, able to collaborate with all teams, understand issues from various operations teams
- Ability to multitask and ensure all deliverables are met timely, ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Solution mindset, takes ownership, open to learning
- Mentorship and leadership skills will be an asset
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.