Macys is proudly Americas Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macys has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macys, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macys Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macys Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app youll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
We are seeking a software engineer who has knowledge and a passion for analysis, design and implementation in a business-critical environment.
Software Engineers are expected to work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. If you want to be challenged in a fast, Agile environment with other A-Players and perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
- Collaborate with Tech Leads and other Software Engineering resources in coding and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with great UX.
- An engineering mindset and strong consideration of the tradeoffs present in every decision.
- Strong, supported, opinions about the right ways to do things that you arent afraid to defend.
- Work with the Technical Lead to create and support system design documentation following standard templates; take initiative to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 1+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross platform challenges.
- 2+ years of experience with OO Languages
- Experience with CSS preprocessing frameworks such as SASS/SCSS or LESS.
- Knowledge of design patterns: Object-oriented development, client-side MVC.
- Familiarity with Foundation CSS, Node.js and Express.js.
- Familiarity in building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Backbone or Vue experience preferred.
- Web experience in Retail or other high-volume customer facing web applications preferred
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects – can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macys Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macys Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.