Software Engineer – return to work programme
full training provided followed by a 2 year placement
September 16th start date
Xander Talent are a company with a social purpose. Our mission is to work with organisations to create a workforce that is truly diverse and inclusive. We were founded by experienced consultants who are passionate about delivering blended teams that are diverse, resilient and meet our clients capability requirements.
We are a rapidly growing start-up, balancing profit and purpose, established to provide Technical (STEM) and business-related consulting solutions to global corporates across the UK, European and North American markets.
Our Software Engineering Academy programme is delivered by expert trainers focusing on key technical and business skills, in keeping with client demand. We accept applicants from all career and personal backgrounds no matter their age of type or previous work experience.
We blend traditional learning methods such as lectures, desk learning and team projects with a holistic learning approach to equip you with essential technical and social skills for the workplace, such as resilience, curiosity and emotional intelligence. Working directly with our founders and clients, themselves with extensive software engineering and entrepreneurial experience, you will be developed into fully fledged Software Engineers.
Please note you must hold current right to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship now or in the future to be eligible for this role
Joining Xander Talent as a Software Engineer you will be:
- Working with our Clients on developing software infrastructure and developing innovative software platforms.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new application
- Gathering user requirements and gaining knowledge and experience in Java and Python.
- Desire to continue to grow professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities
- Training and development in a Cloud environment like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- We are an equal opportunities employer with a key focus on Diversity and Inclusion, you do not need to have previous education/experience in Software Engineering or Technology to join our Academy.
- We encourage applications from aspiring software engineers from non-traditional backgrounds, who have an interest in technology and its impact.
- You must be a self-starter, with a passion for technology, personal growth and development.
- Comfortable working in multiple stakeholders in busy environments. Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Upon successful graduation from the academy and subsequent placement, you will be expected to work with a client and deliver various projects internally and externally within the client’s organisation.
- This is a fully funded but unpaid training programme so would require you to support yourself financially during the training period
The role represents an unrivalled opportunity to develop a skill set in the ever growing STEM and software engineering markets and begin to build your career within the global corporate community.
Diversity and Inclusion is our key value, and we are committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.