SpotOn was built to help small businesses compete and win with intuitive software, point-of-sale (POS), and payment solutions. We are committed to supporting businesses at the heart of our communities with the software and payment solutions they need, supported by local and personal service, and delivered at a fair price. We believe that business is personal and our clients—big or small, national or local—should never be on their own. We are right beside them, delivering the future technology they need, today and every day.
Today, SpotOn is one of the fastest growing companies in fin-tech. We recently secured $300M in our Series E funding and have a company valuation of $3.15B. (Woohoo, Tech Unicorn Status!) Also, with our recent acquisition of Appetize, we have expanded the reach of our technology into many larger enterprises. Our work, service, and employees speak for themselves when it comes to merchant satisfaction.
As part of the Restaurant Point-of-Sale (POS) software development team, you would be working on various types of systems such as; building APIs for exchanging data with external partners, building web applications, managing business processes, and building out the infrastructure that is necessary to run those systems in a scalable and reliable way.
- 1+ years of software development experience
- You’ve led the development of engineering projects (new features, refactor, integrations, etc.) to success many times over
- You leverage modern web development practices (bonus points using Golang and React) to enable quality and scale in your product
- You enjoy learning new technical concepts and regularly find ways to improve your own skills
- Have an eye for idiomatic, readable, and performant code, and experience with linters/debuggers/profilers/etc. which help reach these goals
- Comfortable with queries in MongoDB and/or PostgreSQL
- Experienced with Git and comfortable using a branch+tag workflow model that leans heavily on GitHub’s Pull Request utilities
- Bonus: DevOps experience of any form. We’re Docker people locally and AWS/Kubernetes people in the cloud.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Eleven (11) paid holidays
- 401(k) and matching
- Company-provided MacBook Pro
- A supportive environment, where you will work closely with a skilled team of software and QA engineers, product managers, and graphic designers
- At the time of this writing, we score a 10 on the Joel Test and are working to raise that to at least an 11 in the near future
- A pretty legit coffee mug on your first day
- Remote role – work from anywhere!
SpotOn will consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender/gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. If you’re allowed to work in the US, you are welcome here.