Axiom Cloud is transforming how the worlds cooling systems are powered, operated, and maintained, in order to generate significant climate and financial impact. We need to deliver fantastic products at a massive scale to realize this mission.
Now, we need to release more value-generating features in our software services with the quality that our customers demand as we scale up. We are therefore seeking a Software Engineer who will be a key contributor to the design, implementation, and delivery of those features. You will directly contribute to solving the hardest technical problems we face, which are incredibly unique and varied at this intersection of mission-critical equipment, cloud-native apps, predictive maintenance, and energy management.
Apply if you want to build the core services of a rapidly-growing, venture-backed startup (our customers already include 6 major North American grocery chains and refrigerated warehouse companies). Take the plunge if you want to put your passion for software engineering to work. Play a pivotal role in transforming thousands of commercial/industrial cooling systems into intelligent energy-saving and self-healing assets. Join our <20-person team in our journey to make a truly meaningful and highly practical positive impact on climate change.
What Youll Do
Working directly with the Principal Technologist and the software team, you will:
- Build, improve, and maintain an ecosystem of software services and APIs designed to manage a fleet of flexible, intelligent, and resilient assets from the cloud to the edge.
- Closely collaborate with hardware, controls, modeling, and data science team members to solve real-world, highly-interdependent engineering problems.
- Improve internal tooling and documentation to make the development process more accessible to new engineers.
- Effectively navigate application deployment in a cloud-based environment.
- Make insightful contributions to regular code reviews with the team to facilitate quality control and allow team members to exchange ideas.
- Reduce tech debt by both addressing shortcuts in existing code and minimizing the creation of new shortcuts in feature development.
- Hone your craft as you collaborate with an exceptionally talented, incredibly motivated team.
- Note: this position is fully remote, with working hours generally aligned to Pacific time.
Who You Are
(Note: We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If you dont meet 100% of the qualifications listed below, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the roles requirements.)
- 1+ years developing professional-grade software via professional experiences, personal projects, coding communities, etc.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, or similar discipline (or equivalent).
- Excellent software design instinct; you should be comfortable working in multiple paradigms, particularly object-oriented and functional patterns.
- Motivated to contribute at all levels, from strategy and design to coding, testing, troubleshooting, and operation, to a wide variety of software projects, including mission-critical commercial/industrial fleet control that employs IoT, ML, industrial control, creative data analysis, and internal/external stakeholder interfaces.
- Able to learn new technologies and development methodologies rapidly.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and generates innovative solutions to tough problems.
- Passionate about technology innovation, technical management, product development, commercial/industrial SaaS, and making a positive impact on climate change.
- Python 3.x
- git / GitHub
- Docker (containers, compose, orchestration, etc.)
- Linux / bash
- Python unit and functional testing frameworks
- Agile software development (we use Scrum)
Nice to have skills/technologies:
- Development for Kubernetes
- Application development for microservices architecture
- AWS application development and troubleshooting
- REST API design and documentation
- Testing frameworks (TDD)
- CI/CD workflows (CircleCI, etc)
- Databases / storage: Timeseries (influxdb), noSQL (mongoDB, etc), object storage (S3), graph databases (neo4j, etc)
- GraphQL design and documentation
- Kubernetes management
- AWS application development with a focus on security
- Other AWS Well-Architected Pillars: operational excellence, reliability, efficiency, cost
- Web service software development; profiling & refactoring (Python)
- AWS IoT frameworks (IoT Core)
- Data processing, modeling, and analytics tools (Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, Matplotlib, SageMaker, Grafana, Jupyter notebooks)
What You Get
- Compensation in competitive base salary and generous equity.
- Access to a variety of group health insurance plans.
- Access to a competitive and efficient 401k.
- Access to more benefits as they become available.
- Honor system PTO policy (no specified limits), regular company-wide PTO, flexible work schedule, flexible maternity/paternity leave.
- Numerous social activities including team happy hours, barbecues, holiday parties, and an annual Halloween costume contest. (Note: we are currently generating a path forward for in-person activities in a post-Covid world.)
The Fine Print
- Were a startup. The work is demanding, challenging, and fulfilling. The startup roller coaster will be emotionally draining at times and energizing at other times.
- Well make every effort to find an arrangement that works for the right candidate.
- There will be occasional on-call rotation.
Axiom Cloud values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black, Indigenous, and Non-Black people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Axiom Cloud celebrates diversity and, as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all teammates and applicants. Our teammates and applicants will not be discriminated against for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. The more inclusive we are, the more impact we can have.
Axiom Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Powered by JazzHR