- 3 years of experience in full-stack or backend development building resilient and scalable RESTful APIs in the cloud, implementing OOP, SOLID and SOA principles
- Passion for solving problems by providing the best experience for our users and business
- Strong TypeScript skills
- Strong Node.js skills
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Postman or a similar tool
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch and Kibana basic concepts and querying
- Familiarity with NoSQL database technologies like DynamoDB or MongoDB
- Working knowledge of standard AWS technologies, such as Lambda, SQS and CloudWatch
- Ability to practice disciplined software engineering (automated testing, code reviews and writing readable code)
- Strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts
- Awareness of Mapbox GL and Google's APIs for mapping
Our Software Engineers build the foundation of the vision that we radically simplify and create a seamless home buying and selling experience. You will craft the platform that's integrated within the Rocket Homes experience and join a friendly, collaborative team with a passion for getting their hands dirty and, above all else, finding the right solution.
- Build highly scalable, reusable and resilient APIs for web, native mobile and back-office platforms to connect to for their respective client experience, managing millions of home listings and additional fintech capabilities that power these experiences
- Write RESTful services using TypeScript, Node.js, Express, Elasticsearch, NoSQL DBs and a multitude of AWS services, like Lambda
- Utilize data for monitoring, measuring and improving our platform ecosystem
- Create an incredible developer experience for engineers on the team and developers integrating with the API platform
- Work within a small team, collaborating with teammates (product managers, project managers, design, infrastructure, data, and other teams) to ship impactful products
- Use experimentation and data analysis to tune applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
- Mentor, educate and support those around you as well as other developers within the Rock Family of Companies
Who We Are
Rocket Companies is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage , which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.