Software Engineer – Pulp & Paper
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Software Engineer, for various Process Automation Industries – including Pulp & Paper. The Software Engineer will work in many engineering projects and will provide technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals. This job is located in in Westerville, Ohio but also eligible to work remote.
Reporting to the MES Manager, responsibilities include the implementation / configuration of Production Management Systems, providing Manufacturing Execution Management (MES) system consulting services, conducting software product demonstrations, providing system start-up support, providing software support for customers, and developing new or modifying software product applications.
- Configuration of production management systems: Order Management system, Production Planning System, Product Tracking system, Quality Management System, Reporting system, Shop floor interfaces and Quality Control System (QCS) interface.
- Provide consulting services to ensure a production management system meets a customers business process requirements.
- Develop new software applications.
- Enhance existing software applications.
- Support MES sales activities by conducting software product demonstrations.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Computer Science and/or Paper Science and 4 years of related experience.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience overview: Pulp and Paper Process knowledge, Application configuration, Application Development, Software Development, Oracle Database Development, MS SQL Server Database Development.
- Applications: SAP Business objects reporting, Crystal reports, MS SSRS Reports, Oracle database, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server database.
- Windows skills: SQL Server administration + TSQL (SQL Server programming language) (a plus).
- Linux skills (a plus): General Linux administration skills BSH (Shell programming) and C Language (Pro C would be a plus) GNU compiler / debugger.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries – Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.