Software Engineer (Payments)
REQ: 121696 Engineering
Palo Alto, CA, United States
Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. Its a personal assistant service designed for busy families especially moms to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. Its the first of many meaningful things were working on.
Were building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
What youll get to do:
The goal of the Payments Team is to provide buyers and sellers everywhere with a frictionless payments experience on our platform,
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining our payments platform processing high transaction volumes
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with payment providers and integrate new payment methods into our payment platform
- Implement and deliver new payment features leading to higher checkout conversion
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability and security of the payments system
What Youll Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of industry experience building data driven systems, but we do realize quality of experience is more important than actual years.
- Experience developing APIs and integrating third-party services.
- Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: large systems software design, development of distributed or parallel systems, database design, machine learning, application development.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Experience integrating with payment service providers (e.g. Stripe, Adyen, Marqeta)
- Familiarity with our tech stack (Kotlin/Java, CockroachDB, AWS, Micronaut, Spring Boot, microservice architecture)
- Hands-on experience building custom components with one or more ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Salesforce, or SAP Hybris).
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Total Well Being Program