Who are we?
We are a team of experienced and passionate engineers who care deeply about the future of mobility. We believe that autonomous mobility has over-promised and under-delivered for too long and we have the keys to change that. We’re using the latest advances in connected and automated driving and an innovative solution approach to urban mobility to completely change the way people and goods are moved in cities and beyond. Our core product is a remote driving software stack that enables safe and comfortable remote control of autonomous vehicles over a wireless network.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a software engineer with experience in multimedia SDKs on embedded/HPC platforms to join our systems software team. You will be part of a small cross-functional team of embedded and application software experts working closely with the robotics and streaming teams. You should be comfortable working with the Linux graphics stack as well as interfacing with camera drivers.
Where you’ll make impact
You will be responsible for the multimedia subsystem which includes camera driver interfacing as well as the graphics and rendering pipelines that provide visual perception to the remote driver. Your work will immediately impact the robotics, streaming and HMI teams and will require tight coordination with them. You will have the opportunity to influence the component selection and technical road-map of the sensing and compute platforms and capabilities we use in our vehicles.
What you’ll work on
- Building and maintaining the software components for interfacing with the camera drivers.
- Continuously monitor, optimize, tune and improve the performance of the video capture pipelines.
- Evaluate new cameras/sensors and compute platforms.
- Build software interfaces from the multimedia subsystem to other parts of our stack.
About you & what you bring
- B.S., M.S. or PhD degree in computer science, software engineering, multimedia or similar fields.
- Firm understanding of the Linux graphics stack.
- Programming ability in C/C++/C# and at least one scripting language (ideally Python).
- Experience building robust, real-time data acquisition systems.
- Experience interfacing with camera hardware, firmware and SDKs.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment.
- Desire to expand your skills and grow in a fast-paced Agile work environment.
Nice to have
- Background in automotive/industrial/robotics software development.
- Experience in developing graphics-intensive applications for extreme or high performance use-cases (ex. HMIs for military applications, high-end gaming etc.).
- Experience with OpenGL.
- Open-source contributions in the multimedia domain.
We don’t expect you to fulfill all the requirements above but do expect a commitment to learn and grow to fill the gaps in your skills and knowledge.
Your contact person, if you have any question or to submit your CV and cover letter is:
Email: [email protected]