Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. Thats the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, weve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, were constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, were committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Software Engineer ll at Pocket Gems, you will develop and code innovative features using groundbreaking technologies while making world class games. Help us continue to be leaders in mobile entertainment, while being able to show your family and friends the games you make!
Note: This role is open to remote employment for those who reside in California, Washington State, Colorado, Texas, New York and Massachusetts.
What Youll Do
- Collaborate closely in small, nimble, cross-functional teams with product managers, artists and designers to define our next generation of games
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies for our iOS and Android gaming platforms
What You Bring To The Engineering Team
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- BA, BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and OOP
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, Objective-C, Java, Python
- Note: Prior mobile/gaming experience is NOT required
Extra Gems For
- Programming experience in Mobile Software Development (iOS, Android) or Unity
- You love games and mobile entertainment!
#WA #CA #TX #CO #NY #MA
Read more about what weve been up to!
- Pocket Gems Blog
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability — and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.