At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
The Technology Chief Operating Office (TCOO) group provides technology solutions and support for Enterprise Operations business lines. In addition, TCOO provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Compliance and Operational Risk (COR) provides technology support and development for Compliance Risk & Audit and Front Office and Second Line Risk.
The Currency Transaction Reporting Technology team is looking for a Lead Java Software Engineer where you will be developing java code to build interfaces to collect, search, display, edit, and duplicate data. You'll work on complex problems and business processes which will support our effort to increase the security of CTR data. You will be part of a technical agile team, which build advanced software designs, code leveraging test-driven development, and support the implementation through game plans, documentation, and limited operational support.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- Partner with Enterprise data teams and Line of Business partners on customer-centric view of the data, data reuse, and data consistency across all customer interactions
- Collaborate with Enterprise Data organization on supplying and governing Consumer Lending data going into the Enterprise Data Lake
- Establish processes and tools to support consistency, lineage, collection, processing, sharing, and organization of data across entire Consumer Lending portfolio
- Introduce and propagate modern Engineering practices around Data including automation of data-related processes
- Experience driving significant maturity improvements in low-maturity technology environments – experience consulting teams, collaborating across enterprise to mature technology solutions, delivering modern capabilities, and/or delivering in Agile environment.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of experience in microservices development
- 2+ years of experience with UI (User Interface) Development in one or a combination of the following: Angular, React JS, WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), MVVM (Model-View-View Model)
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Experience designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical business systems / application services and modules, delivering high-availability and performance
- CI/CD experience
- Production implementation experience with Spring/Spring boot
- Hands on with Maven build scripts/ Curie moving to Git Hub
- Python and/or SQL experience
- 3+ years' experience with Data architecture, design, and management
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.