IO Global is searching for a Software Engineer (Haskell Developer) to join its Node team. The Cardano ledger is a large Haskell codebase, making nontrivial use of some of the programming language’s more advanced features, and tested using property-based testing. We are looking for someone to help us improve and add features to the Cardano blockchain, such as on-chain governance and support for light clients and sidechains.
- Following agile software development practices
- Working with teams in multiple time zones
- Carrying out software development tasks independently, with minimal supervision or mentoring
- Reviewing specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contributing to the design of algorithms
- Writing clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Committing often and submitting pull requests frequently, and reviewing the pull requests of your team mates
- Covering your code with unit, property, and integration tests when applicable
- Fixing bugs in your own and legacy code
- Being available for emergency fixing of severity 1 issues on deployed products
- Integrating software components and third-party libraries
- Verifying and deploying programs and systems
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading existing software
- Writing documentation for code and technical user manuals.
- A minimum of two years’ development experience (professional or otherwise) in Haskell
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Experience with Git
- Good understanding of QuickCheck/Hedgehog and property testing, and of call-by-need, memoization, and lazy evaluation
- Familiarity with frameworks/libraries such as conduit, cryptonite, distributed process, lens, optparse-applicative, persistent, pipes, servant, stm, and template-haskell
- Strong knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation, and the basics of cryptography
- Proficiency with advanced FP techniques such as advanced functional data structures, dependent types, extensible effects, generic programming, streaming, and type-level programming.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European timezone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service