Job Title: Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Location: Edinburgh (Option to work remotely)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 plus benefits and share options
AJ Connect are absolutely delighted to once again be representing one of our key clients Appointedd who are looking to appoint passionate Software Engineers to their team. They are experiencing very exciting growth and are looking to add additional firepower to their Software Engineering team to support their sustained growth.
Appointedd is an online booking system which can be used in any business from a local hairdresser to large multinationals. It is a high-tech software and Appointedd have grown into an industry leading product in their market.
Their engineers come from a diverse variety of backgrounds, with several without a Computer Science background; one of the team has a degree in Biological Sciences, and another a degree in Chemistry with a background in teaching. If you have a passion for building great software, the team will be delighted to have you.
- Node.js and TypeScript to power backend application code.
- MongoDB for most of the persistent data storage.
- ReactJS and TypeScript for their more modern frontend application code.
- Storybook and Chromatic for building and managing internal UI components.
- AWS for all infrastructure. Older services are hosted on Elastic Beanstalk with newer services moving towards a serverless architecture using API Gateways and Lambdas.
- AWS CDK for creating and provisioning AWS infrastructure.
- Git for version control.
- GitHub for source code hosting and pull request management.
- Prettier, ESLint, and EditorConfig for automatic code styling and quality control.
- Github Actions for continuous integration/deployment pipeline.
- Clubhouse for issue tracking and project management.
- Slack for communications.
- Notion for internal documentation and team wiki.
As part of the product team, you’ll be responsible for turning concepts and designs for features into reality!
This is an exciting time to join Appointedd as they are in the growth stage of their journey! You’ll get the opportunity to help scale the engineering processes, contribute to transitioning legacy monolith into modern services, and develop brand new functionality.
This is a fast-paced and growing start-up, so you’re likely to be doing a variety of tasks as part of your sprints. From doing feature work to stomping bugs, it’s unlikely any two days at Appointedd will be the same! Since they are small (but growing) engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on both the front-end and back-end of our product as well as be involved with our infrastructure.
Reasons to apply
- You will get to build the world’s best online booking system
- You will be given full ownership of your workload whilst being backed by a supportive team.
- You will get to learn about existing and the hottest new technology and get to use them
- You care about writing high quality and well-tested code.
- You care deeply about user experience and satisfaction.
- You want to be empowered to explore and experiment in a supportive environment.
- You’re interested in being a part of a company that values personal and professional development. Your manager will have a technical background that can support you through regular one-to-ones and mentorship.
- Flexible working policy to support work/life integration – 35hr work week with core hours from 10am-2pm. You can manage your time outside that however you wish
- EMI Share Options scheme – all Appointedd team members have Share Options so you can directly benefit in the success of the business
- All the equipment you need to do your job – They work on Apple equipment and will provide everything you need
- Mentoring, training, and regular 1:1s to support your personal development
- 28 days holidays that can be taken whenever you’d like!
- Regular team social events – either in-person or virtually when needed
- Borrow My Doggy premium membership to ensure you’ve always got a Best Friend on hand should you need it
- Premium access to CharlieHR Perks at Work programme
Unfortunately, Appointedd are unable to offer sponsorship so candidates must have right to work in the UK.
How do you apply?
If all the above sounds great the please submit your CV via this advert and one of the team at AJ Connect will be in touch with you soon!