At Arm – Development Solutions Group we are looking for a creative and hardworking C++ developer to join the Fast Models team in Cambridge.
Fast Models are functionally accurate simulation models of Arm IP written in C++, supported on both Windows and Linux, providing full programmer's view for software debugging, profiling, and tracing. They allow software development much before silicon availability.
Explore more, https://www.arm.com/products/development-tools/simulation/fast-models
This role provides an opportunity to work on the creation of tools and modelling libraries used for development, deployment, and execution of models for Arm's intellectual property.
In this team, we encourage innovation and provide many opportunities to incorporate your own design ideas at work. There is continuous focus on employee development with access to a multitude of learning resources, including sponsored training sessions, to gain expertise and develop new skills. We have access to powerful compute resources and continuous integration infrastructure helping you be your most productive self.
You will join a team of dedicated software engineers working on all aspects of the software development cycle including ideation, design, implementation, and testing. In time, you will gain ability in creation and maintenance of modelling libraries and tools. Your expertise will be applied while providing support to Fast Models customers. There are everyday opportunities to improve the code base by actively participating in peer reviews. Arm's core beliefs are at the heart of everything we do and you will experience this incredible culture.
Required Skills and Experience:
- An experience in developing applications using object-oriented programming in C++ with an affinity to low level code
- Hands-on experience using modern compilers and debuggers will be vital
- Some of the work may need either prior knowledge of or a curiosity to learn the basics of computer architecture
- Fortitude to learn new skills and technologies will help integration in the team.
- Determination to learn from failures and persistence will ensure continued success
- Keen focus on problem solving to take on everyday problems
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas in spoken and written mediums are important
Prior experience working with SystemC, TLM(Transaction Level Modeling) is an added bonus
If you feel you are a strong fit but do not have all the skills listed above, please consider applying anyway since we are always interested to hear from competent people.
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.