Ultra Maritime has an opportunity for an engineer to contribute to our rapidly expanding business; you will have an influential role in helping Ultra design and rollout new DevOps technologies throughout the business.
Ultra is looking to evolve their software development environment to support communities of developers working both locally and worldwide, collaborating to produce products of the highest technical standards. The role requires a good knowledge of Virtualization and Containerization with working knowledge of DevOps technologies and processes. As part of the Infrastructure team you will also be expected to be proficient with Linux (RedHat) and ideally be capable of providing expertise in the areas of installation, configuration and optimization of the operating systems that underpin the sonar applications used on a wide range of in-service ships and advanced research applications.
- Construction and maintenance of the Software Development Environment
- Providing support to the application developers on an as needed basis
- Linux Operating System configuration
- Linux application management and deployment
- Accountable for cost and schedule of assigned work
- Experience in the rollout and application of DevOps tools
- Degree in engineering, computer science or related subject
- Proficient with a variety of Software Configuration Tools including SVN and GIT
- Red Hat configuration including production of Kickstart files
- Red Hat Linux application development
- IP Network design and optimization
- Working with a software development team in troubleshooting
- C++ or Java Development
- Sonar background
- Hands on experience of VMware ESXi
- Hands on experience of Docker/Podman and Kubernetes
- Capable of achieving security clearance to at least SC level
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to rapidly apply generic knowledge to new problems in new environments
- A good understanding of the software engineering process
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities. For more information, follow this link:
In addition, you will receive:
• Flexible working within core working hours (flexible start/finish times)
• 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
• 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
• Pension Scheme – Less than 5 years’ service up to 5.5% employer contributions, 5 years’ service + up to 7.5% employer contributions.
• A confidential Employee Support Helpline
If interested, please apply ASAP with an up-to-date CV and we will be in touch.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
- Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire, England, UK; Greenford, Greater London, England, UK; Weymouth, Dorset, England, UK
- Type: Full time