Job Title- Software Engineer Consultant
- The API Gateway Engineer will play a key role in engineering and operationalizing Ford's API ecosystem – engineering an enterprise wide multi-cloud API Gateway. This includes focusing on the strategy, planning, organization, engineering of the gateway for the on-prem and public clouds (GC, Azure, etc). The engineering will also include the design, development and deployment of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) discipline for our API team. This is a prime opportunity to truly experience the full range of full-stack engineering – infrastructure as well as application software engineering. Furthermore, you will gain experience in migrating and operating a global multi-cloud API Gateway.
The duties of this opportunity include:
- Lead engineering effort to deploy API Gateway to multiple cloud platforms – on-prem and public clouds.
- Design, build, evolve, and automate production operations of the API Gateways using the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) discipline.
- Work across organizational boundaries to drive the API Multi Cloud Gateway Strategy.
- Develops application software using the cloud-based architecture across full stack of technologies
- Uses the test-driven development methodology to realize the technical solution.
- Software Development using REST APIs and using languages such as Java, GoLang, C++, etc. Using CI/CD techniques and tools for development Hosting software on PCF, Kubernetes, Serverless Using Agile/Extreme Programming/etc methodology for development
- Cloud Development API Gateway Operational and troubleshooting skills. Operational/Troubleshooting Experience using SRE tools and techniques Understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Experience Required:
- 3+ year experience in developing and consuming REST Web Services developed in Spring or Java EE Framework. 3+ Years Experience with REST API methods and implementation of web services in a distributed architecture system – PCF, Kubernetes/OpenShift, etc. Expertise in API related technologies such as JSON, XML, REST, Swagger, Postman, etc. Experience with Agile discipline and its tools – Rally, Retros, Iteration Planning, User Story Creation, etc. Experience with modern software engineering tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) discipline Infrastructure engineering/architecture experience Experience in Go Language.
- Computer Science Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent