Software Engineer (Back End) – Cards Lab
Onboarding & Customer Communications
Location: Chester based with flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
Salary & Benefits: 35,656.00 – 57,941.00 GBP base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading digital banking franchise, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands – including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland – as well as the biggest mobile bank in the country. We're building the bank of the future, and we need your help.
About the team
The Onboarding & Customer Communications Value stream Implement industry leading customer journeys through engineering excellence, inspired by informed and proactive teams.
About the role
The Cards Lab Engineering Team develop and manage the applications that allow customers to apply for credit cards, carry out balance and money transfers, add additional card holders and increase their credit limits. The journeys are supported within Internet Banking (deployed across web, mobile and tablet) as well as branch and contact centre channels.
As a Back End Software Engineer you will ideally have good experience in the full end to end software development lifecycle and a can-do, positive and collaborative attitude. You will be focused on web-API, web service development, a little SQL development and integration with other systems and services.
So, what would you be doing for us?
You'll collaborate with colleagues as required, building effective working relationships and will: –
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle to design, build, test, deploy and support digital systems.
- Work hands-on to deliver the highest quality software.
- Work in a feature team delivering exciting customer driven solutions.
- Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems.
- Collaborate with the Product team to implement credit card banking products.
What we need from you:
We like people who come from a diverse industry background but as a minimum to be seriously considered we would need to see: –
You will need to have good hands-on experience in software engineering including:
- Java 8/ Spring and associated patterns.
- Hibernate/ JPA.
- Relational Databases.
- Rest/ SOAP web services.
- Usage of tooling including GIT, Jenkins, jMeter, SonarQube.
- Web based application development including security considerations and awareness.
- Agile experience and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience of the software development lifecycle and good experience in delivery of software
- A team-player who can build relationships and work productively with others across a variety of domains and disciplines.
- Passion for technology and its application to real-world problems.
Non-essential but beneficial experience or exposure would include:
- Security testing and result analysis.
- API gateways and management and associated crypto concepts and techniques.
- Microservice development.
- Technology tooling use including Splunk, Dynatrace.
- CI/ CD/ DevOps tooling experience including Docker, NexusIQ.
- Quality Engineering including test automation.
Personal skills we look for when we meet you include good interpersonal skills, ability to build good working relationships, logical & creative thinking skills. Being able to articulate the benefits or the work we do.
More than anything you'll bring passion, can do attitude and an open mind to help us develop new ways of doing things, whilst developing your own skills and experience.
Together we make it possible!