Fidelity Investments Workplace Investing (WI) organization is seeking an experienced software engineer to join our new team within Stock Plan Services (SPS) Technology tasked with taking our market leading global equity compensation platform to a global market.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelors or any equivalent degree with computer science background.
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- 2-4 years of Java EE development experience
- 1-2 years of experience on Cloud architecture and microservices
- Understanding on Cloud applications architecture and micro services model development including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Using Cloud Orchestration/Workflow Automation and building distributed scalable applications
- Working on modern transactional and data processing applications
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment while meeting deliverables
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM, Extreme Programming, TDD etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications, must be able to actively engage other team members
- Understanding of Agile systems development techniques utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps
- Prior experience working with development teams in onshore-offshore model
Experience or exposure to several the following concepts and technologies is desired:
- Application development using Java EE, Spring or Springboot
- Understanding of and experience with Micro-Services Architecture concepts and emerging patterns such as APIs, JAX-RS, REST/JSON
- Event driven transaction processing using EAI, ESB and messaging patterns using technologies such as Kafka, MQ etc.
- Relational databases like Oracle, Postgres or no-SQL databases such as MongoDB.
Stock Plan Services administers equity compensation programs on behalf of public and private companies offering various compensations programs such as: Employee Stock Purchase Plans, Restricted Stock Awards/Units, Stock Option Plans, Stock Appreciation Rights and Performance based Awards. Currently SPS services over 2M participants employed by over 300 clients and spread out in 150 countries. The business is looking to further expand in the international equity compensation market, focused initially on western European countries and companies based there. As part of this business initiative, we are extending our capabilities to enable a truly global platform.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.