SSP has over 50 years experience in the travel market, we have a presence in 35 countries and more than 550 brands in our portfolio. We have the capability to deliver world-class food and beverage outlet programmes based on the highest levels of customer service, quality of food and environment.
We are looking to recruit Software Engineer. In this role, you will be working with Project Managers, Product Owners and Business Stakeholders across SSP to develop, test, support and maintain systems needed by SSP to operate as an efficient business. As the SoftwareEngineer,you will be accountable for helping design, implement, test and support various IT systems and technologies across the business in an efficient manner. You will be responsible for helping to move the Group IT function towards a DevOps operating model favouring automation, quality and performance engineering, software development pipelines and infrastructure as code wherever possible.
Main Duties, responsibilities
- Write and communicate technical requirements for new and ongoing projects.
- Analyse, evaluate, develop, test and support business requirements.
- Support and maintain effective operational running of IT systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Prepare and maintain clear, concise, and comprehensive design and specification documentation.
- Turn requirements into technical implementations between internal and 3rd party systems and services and maintain strong technical knowledge of engineering standards and processes.
- Work to develop and adhere to the Agile software engineering methodology adopted by your team.
- Strive to fix the source of problems preventing recurrence through a continuous improvement methodology; owning allescalated incidents through to resolution;providing support to 2ndline & 1stline teams with ticket escalation andin-depthroot causeanalysisforallincidents and support queries; ensuring knowledge on resolution/fixes identified from trouble shooting incident and root cause analysis are clearly documented and shared across the team.
- Assess process and engineering practises defining optimisations for the software development life cycle.
Please note that some Out of Hours Support may be required.
- Proficiency in implementing and delivering business requirements throughout the software development life cycle.
- Proficiency in creating and supporting solutions deployed to business teams.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging distributed systems.
- Experience of:
creating technical documentation and interpreting business requirements.
testing applications, manually or through automation technologies.
working within projectdelivery for a retail business working with testing businessrequirements.
- Experience supporting and performing defect resolution on IT Systems.
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions.
- Inventory and Operational cash management systems, master data and business processes (including understanding and experience in supply chain, production, GP management, Wastage, Purchasing).
- Good understanding of product and cash solutions (all forms of payment), related business processes and master data incl. how it is used in transactional systems from a control/regulatory and benefits delivery perspective.
- Experience of using Jira to manage project delivery, Value Steam Mapping.
- Experience of working in a DevOps Supported Engineering Function and within an Agile environment.
- Experience in global project delivery.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience in process and test automation and delivery of solutions using waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Language skills
At SSP, our ambition is to betheleadingfood and beverage provider in travel locations worldwide.To help us deliver this, we have a set ofvalues and behavioursto inspire us all tocreate a more positive company culturewhere everyonefeelsvalued by their managers, caresmore about each other and about our customers.
Our Mission & Ambition:
- To give our customers an experience that exceeds their expectations and that clients know cannot be matched.
- To be recognised as the leading Food & Beverage operator in travel locations worldwide
Our Values are:
- We are one team
- We are results focused
- We all make a difference
- We are bold
- We celebrate success
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at SSP. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to engaging all of our people, so they feel valued and motivated; we champion diversity, promote inclusion, and ensure equality.We respect and protect human rights and prevent discrimination; and we positively impact our communities. We encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual identity and orientation or age