SOFTWARE ENGINEER Embedded C++ – CONTRACT 9 MONTHS – HOME WORKING VISITS TO SITE IN GLASGOW
The role is OUTSIDE of IR35 and is based from home but will require visits to Glasgow as well for block periods where needed.
Embedded C++ Software Engineer required to work on controller software for a Naval Mast Project. This role is a Full Lifecycle design, code, and test position undertaking application development software. Skills we would like to see are UML for design pattern modelling ideally Rhapsody, Google Test and Google Mock, exposure to MISRA coding standards for C++ would be nice to have. The successful candidate will also be needed to write, specify, and maintain requirements using DOORs. The role will be split between coding updates, modifications & additions to current code and writing fresh software code for new products from scratch within the common modules and components team.
There are 3 controllers the FOV Controller, the Focus Controller & the Tip/Tilt Controller.
Tasks for these 3 controllers are
- Release of the FOV Controller Component Formal (DDQS) Review and signed off 2 months.
- Release of the Focus Controller Component Formal (DDQS) Review and signed off 4 months.
- Release of the Tip/Tilt Controller Component Formal (DDQS) Review and signed off 6 months.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBIITIES
- Work independently without day-to-day supervision.
- Take responsibility for delivery of the task deliverables to cost and schedule.
- Attend meetings that are pertinent to the delivery of the task (only).
- Submit a weekly progress report on the task deliverables.
- Put right mistakes or defective work.
- Maintain the necessary competency levels and qualifications required to deliver the task.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM