Office locations for this role include Bristol, Burton, Warrington, Leatherhead (based in Dorking office until July 2022) and Glasgow.
Salary Range Is 30,000pa To 45,000pa Depending On Experience.
Closing date is 6th June however we encourage early applications.
Do you want to help us create a safe and secure world through the delivery of transformational and trusted autonomous technologies?
We seek to develop novel autonomous systems for a better world, working with the latest sensors, deploying our technology to advanced computing platforms and experimenting with novel vehicles.
Our team works closely with customers and users, ensuring we are solving real problems in a way that can be deployed in real situations. This means the systems we develop must be safe, reliable and trustworthy.
We are looking to grow our team with intelligent, talented and motivated people to continue to deliver transformational technology.
We are looking for a Software Engineer or Developer (or an engineer with a similar, relevant background, for example Robotics, AI, or Embedded Systems development) to join our Assured Autonomous Systems team.
This is an exciting and interesting opportunity affording the successful applicant the chance to learn and apply software skills across our entire technology stack, supporting everything from high-level architecture design and technology selection, through to implementation, deployment, and testing.
While beneficial, expertise as a production software developer is not essential. Above all else we are looking for an able problem solver, an enthusiastic learner, and a team player who wishes to develop and apply their skills to a variety of interesting real-world problems.
This is more than just a pure software development position, it is an opportunity to contribute as part of a complex multidisciplinary team working on projects that often culminate in tangible, real-world demonstrations out in the field: think bespoke autonomous drones and ground vehicles conducting missions and demonstrations live in front of stakeholders, realised by the software and hardware developed by our team.
Our tech-stack varies project-by-project, but blends software across multiple disciplines to deliver systems, not just applications.
For example, a typical project might see us use:
- Python AI or autonomy algorithms deployed ‘at the edge’.
- Open-source unmanned vehicle tasking and telemetry solutions, for example PixHawk / PX4, MAVLink, or, ROS.
- A Mission Management application, written in C#, and accompanying UI, written in Typescript React, used to control the mission execution.
This project would typically be realised by a small team of 5-10 engineers of varying disciplines and levels of experience, in short timeframes ranging from a few months to a year.
We’d love to hear about the particular skills and languages you have experience in or wish to develop further, and in return explain how those skills and languages are used on our current projects why not ask us more in your interview.
Day to day, the role will include:
- With the support and guidance of more senior developers, implementing a range of software solutions across the software development lifecycle, from concept and design through to deployment and maintenance.
- Working as part of a team to implement backlog work items to realise our product and project aims.
- Collaborating with other team members to develop and share good practice within the group.
- Contributing to project teams, creating and tailoring software products to deliver real-world projects.
- The chance to deliver products and projects in real-world trials, through demonstrations and exercises involving real hardware, end-users, and environments.
- The opportunity to influence our tech-stack: we have the flexibility to try new technologies and approaches if we believe they will add value.
To succeed in this role, you should offer some or all of the following:
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A willingness and an enthusiasm to learn new skills, and the autonomy to do without excessive supervision.
- Experience with programming / scripting / coding for engineering or scientific applications.
- Experience or knowledge of at least one object-oriented language.
- Experience of, or a desire to, work as part of a team to deliver complex or multi-disciplinary projects, products, or systems.
- Enthusiasm to take ownership of technical problems and contribute to our shared learning environment.
If you can offer anything else you think is relevant or would add to the role we’d love to hear about it, so please get in touch.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer- Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
- Happy To Talk Flexible Working
- Competitive salary: [ 30,000 – 45,000]
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season rail ticket loan