Mid-Level Software Engineer | 45,000 – 50,000 Basic | Manchester Central (Hybrid Working)
.Net Core | .Net 5 | C# | AWS | Kubernetes | Angular | Azure DevOps | TeamCity | Octopus | Google Cloud Platform GCP
The Company – Software Engineer
My client are one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. They have received several rounds of investment including 10 million recently. They have flourished across the last few years, including success over the covid period, and are now looking to invest into the technical team.
They are in process of expanding their product suite and therefore are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to add to the team to help create a host of greenfield projects.
They operate in the B2B fintech space. Their products vary from payment automation, AI-based solutions, payments solutions. They are a partner to global banks and customers use their technology to create a secure, fully digital connection between all their banks and their ERP, HCM and Treasury systems.
You will be working on the latest Fintech domain, such as Open Banking, ISO20022 models, working in the Domain Driven Designs, working with Event Storming methodology, working on the platform which can process billions of transactions (High performance Computing).
They are always using the latest versions of technology. The role is predominantly back-end focused using .Net Core / .Net 5 with the latest version of angular on the front end. They are using Azure DevOps for their repositories, TeamCity for builds, Octopus for deployment combined with Kubernetes for scaling, and management of containerised applications. Their platforms are deployed in AWS & Google Cloud Platform. They are planning to move more towards GCP in the future.
They have money to burn on good hires and have a host of exciting projects in the pipeline so need to hire some real Software craftspeople who enjoy their work.
What You Will Be Doing – Software Engineer
- Building greenfield projects in the latest version of c#
- FullStack Development with .Net Core, SQL, Angular – 80% back-end
- Working with cloud, containers and microservices
- Writing high quality code
- Work with a team of talented people as part of an agile delivery team following Scrum Principles
- Design, build, test and eventually release code
- Back end focused but with fullstack elements with front ends in Angular
- Staying up to date with emerging development techniques and technologies
- Developing Web APIs
The Skills Needed – Software Engineer
All the below skills are ideal but not all are essential. The company have a very skilled team so can upskill in anything missing. The most important aspect is a strong Microsoft Stack Developer.
- A solid background in .Net, ideally the newest version of .Net Core as a minimum but very open
- Skilled with Visual Studios
- Understanding of CI/CD practices
- Experience developing and maintaining Web APIs
- Experience of unit testing frameworks
- A background using SQL Server
- Front end experience in Angular or similar such as AngularJS, React or Vue – happy to train in Angular 11
- Knowledge and experience of working with Kubernetes is ideal but not essential. Docker would also help.
- Cloud experience within Azure, AWS or GCP – again open
What You Will Get – Software Engineer
- Excellent salary 45,000 – 50,000 Basic
- Hybrid working model – Some are fully remote but state of the art city centre office if interested
- Need to be able to commute to Manchester City Centre office if required on rare occasions
- 24 days holiday
- Opportunity to work on greenfield projects
- Opportunity to get exposure into all the latest technologies
- Pension standard 3%
- Free Gym membership
- Free Food when in the offices (Breakfast / Lunch)
- Private health insurance on passing probation
- Season tickets on passing probation
- Share options on passing probation
- Flexible working starts / finishes – 37.5 hours
If this role sounds of interest please get in contact with Nick Gandhi at Amber Resourcing ASAP to be considered.