Software Engineer (Fully Remote) – £43,500 + Benefits
Our client; a market leading Software company that has completely dominated its industry through its innovation and technical excellence. Working with the businesss customers, this role requires a mid level Software Engineer to work with the development teams on the next generation of marketable platforms.
These particular roles will need someone who can develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale platforms and product suites for Global customers. Liaising often with Business Analysts, business stakeholders This requires someone who is comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical persons surrounding their enquiries in small, medium and large-scale projects across the wider business. Being part of an Agile team, the aim is to produce robust, clear and high standards of code using practises such as Test-Driven-Development (TDD) and to extract and capture customer requirements using Behaviour-Driven-Development (BDD).
Skills / experience required:
- Excellent communication skills At tech and nontechnical levels for queries and issue resolving
- Participating in code reviews
- Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Investigate and develop further improvements to the platforms
- Develop and resolve any issues raised within the platform
- Improving overall system architecture and design accordingly
- Demonstrable experience in at least one major language such as Java, C/C++ or PHP
- A customer centric approach and an openness to help customers when they require ad hoc support
- Agile development exposure
What would be amazing to have (but not necessary):
- Developing on Unix/Linux
- Bash, Perl, Python and JS scripting exposure
- Knowledge on CI / CD + Assoc tools
- Apache, SOAP, WS8*, ReST,, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, websockets
This role will give exposure to high transaction systems, excellent experience and exposure. The role also offers training, coaching and mentorship in an incredibly open and flexible environment Fantastic to reach the next step within the business. This is a great opportunity for those who want some flexibility of fully remote working or would like to work from across Europe in multiple locations. Despite remote working, the culture and team are sociable and this really is the opportunity to not be missed.
Permanent – £43,500 + Holiday and multiple benefits
Location Fully remote
If you would like further information, please get in touch We would love to hear from you.