We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. At OS, we believe work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We embrace a hybrid working model where we believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from our fantastic offices in Southampton or London, or from home. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,414 – £40,698 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Software Engineer:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- Flexible working options
- 25 days annual leave – (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Business Services area. Our systems underpin customer ordering and fulfilment platforms as well as wider business services and it will be part of your role to deliver business requirements into high-quality solutions. You will work as a member of the team to help us create secure, scalable, performant systems that are easy to maintain and support.
What you’ll be doing as our Software Engineer:
- Developing, debugging, testing, and monitoring systems within the Azure cloud platform
- Offering feedback to help improve the team, by actively participating in review, retrospective and planning meetings
- Operating the production services the team has built and finding ways to improve existing systems
What we’re looking for in our Software Engineer:
- Software engineering experience with a proven ability to resolve technical problems
- Knowledge in some of the following technologies: C#, Azure (Functions, Service Bus, ARM Templates), React.js, Dynamics 365, Azure DevOps Pipelines
- An understanding of industry best practices, such as CI/CD principles, TDD, agile is desirable
- Experience of developing using cloud-based technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS) is desirable
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer centric design and technology services.
Closing date: Sunday 9th January 2022
If you would like to be a part of this, click ‘apply’ now to be considered as our Software Engineer -we’d love to hear from you!