Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand complex systems, their components, operations, strengths and weaknesses. Rapidly grow into a trusted IT subject matter expert on those systems
- Respond to production incidents and assist in rapid diagnosis and repair efforts
- Take proactive measures to reduce system incidents over time
- Manage and continuously improve Azure configurations, monitoring of application performance and reliability, and deployment processes
- Write high quality, resilient, testable code using SQL and C# for both back-end and front-end applications
- Read legacy code and make precise modifications or refactorings to support new requirements
- Write high quality, resilient, automated system tests to validate requirements have been met
- Create complete and accurate documentation for operations, processes, and changes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years as a critical go-to resource for supporting high value applications in production and troubleshooting issues, including on-call support and collaboration with both end users and engineers to determine root cause
- 3+ years of IT infrastructure configuration/troubleshooting experience (some combination of SaaS, VMs, Cloud environments, or managed servers)
- 3+ years of experience helping make urgent changes to live production systems
- 3+ years of experience supporting a Microsoft SQL Server database, including writing complex SQL queries, troubleshooting stored procedures, and performance tuning
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting application code in either C# or Java
- 3+ years of experience supporting application web services and web sites
- 3+ years of experience with database and application monitoring tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, and Redgate
- 3+ years working with software delivery teams as a systems or applications engineer
- Experience building or maintaining CICD pipelines
- Microsoft Azure configuration experience
- SQL Server configuration experience
- Kubernetes configuration experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Application development experience using C#
- Experience with automating manual processes
- Experience building or maintaining Terraform scripts
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.