Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join the Personalization team as a Senior Software Engineer focusing on User Interface (UI). The Personalization team delivers custom content tailored to the individual, enabling users to take charge and make the most of their healthcare. Working within a team comprised of diverse skills, you will build engaging user interfaces and develop internally used tools to deliver content across several web and mobile platforms.
To know more about Optum Technology, click here.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- Build tooling used internally to manage content displayed on many of our platforms
- Use modern JS libraries and frameworks like React
- Write reusable code using TypeScript, initiate refactoring
- Frequently test your code with modern JS testing frameworks and tools
- Ensure the code is compatible with major modern browsers
- Apply coding patterns and best practices
- Use RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Produce and deploy secure code
- Provide meaningful contribution to code reviews
- Collaborate with a team of highly skilled awesome people
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4 + years hands-on experience with front-end frameworks
- 4+ years of experience with Single Page or Progressive Web Applications
- Understanding of performance and scale tradeoffs
- Solid design sense using architecture patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and training
- 2+ years of experience with TypeScript
- 2+ years of experience with React
- 2+ years of experience with Redux or state management library
- 2+ years of experience with production debugging and to track down causes and fix them in systematic ways
- Experience working with CICD pipelines
- Knowledge of Web security, authentication, and applied cryptography
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.