Macys is proudly Americas Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macys has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macys, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macys Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macys Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app youll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
In this role, the candidate is expected to work independently with little supervision, to have excellent organization and problem-solving skills, and to have hands-on experience in automation framework development, quality assurance and agile methodologies.
- Develop, modify, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases/scripts across multiple platforms (Windows/IOS/Android etc.)
- Lead QE efforts for applications/projects, certifying and signing off code releases
- Develops strategies for improving test processes and provide recommendation to management
- Research new testing tools and techniques and/or develop new testing tools and methodologies as appropriate
- Log, manage, and retest defects in bug tracking system
- Work with developers to provide additional research and debugging of issues when more information is needed to resolve problems
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the applications and technical architectures
- Understand and compose feature specifications and create test suites for all product components focusing on UI and usability across multiple devices (desktop & mobile)
- Able to multitask and invoke growth from within the team on new technologies/strategies
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the rest of the Software Engineer (Automation QE) team members.
- Hands-on mentoring of the team on framework architectural development & tools such as Git, Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins, Restful Services etc.
- Conduct automation code reviews and provide guidance on automation best practices to the Software Engineer (Automation QE) team members.
- Comfortable with multitasking and adopting to situations on demand to deliver on key initiatives.
- Ability to implement or enhance automation framework to satisfy project requirements.
- Provide training/mentoring to other teams on how the automation framework is used and designed.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions
- BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering degree related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Good technical understanding of Java/J2EE, Spring, SOA, REST, JAXB and JMS.
- 3+ years experience working with object-oriented programing languages, preferably Java.
- 3+ years experience developing and implementing automation frameworks including POM.
- 3+ experience with Selenium Web Driver, Rest Assured, SoapUI and Cucumber BDD
- 3+ years experience of automation testing web & mobile applications including cross browser testing using multiple quality tools.
- 3+ years experience with API/UI integration testing.
- 3+ years experience with a Version Control system (Git, SVN).
- 3+ years experience with database technologies and creating SQL queries.
- 3+ years experience with cross-browser test design and functional constraints.
- 3+ years in mature agile, automated environments w/ Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Understanding of Unit, Functional, System, Performance, Technical and Operational testing and the tools utilized.
- Demonstrate knowledge of software designing, developing web and enterprise applications for high traffic sites.