UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be part of a small work-from-home team that powers dental insurance plans for millions of members. You will design, create, and maintain components of our Ruby on Rails web applications and associated backend processing which support our portals and interfaces to external systems. You will solve difficult application data processing problems to ensure data integrity across a variety of data sources by implementing performant and robust algorithms to manage the complexities of a large-scale application supporting hundreds of users.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop advanced algorithms and techniques to make our core software efficient, resilient and performant
- Maintain all the company’s technologies to be relevant and competitive in the industry
- Implement scalable and resilient solutions using high performance, reliable and maintainable code
- Perform unit and functional testing of all work done
- Document all work done within the code as well as supporting tools like ticket tracking systems
- Develop core software functionality for the company’s flagship software technologies
- Support and coordinate with other team members in the department
- Assist Quality Analysts in devising and executing test plans
- Assist Business Analysts in understanding business and system requirements in order to fine tune specifications
- Design and develop best-of-breed knowledge representations for managing our data using best practice evaluations of application and reporting needs
- Understand and translate health care industry business logic into algorithms and data structures which advance the capabilities of our core systems
- Develop critical requirements that will support the company’s operations and business units from a software technology standpoint
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development involving a large-scale project
- Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient written and verbal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a part of a collaborative team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with extreme attention to detail under set deadlines
- Ability to plan and design projects with either very minimal or very specific direction
- Ability to work with constructive criticism and willing to incorporate suggestions and feedback
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with Ruby
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.