Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Sr. Front End Engineer to join our front-end development team in the Care Solutions group. In this role, you'll get to take features from concept to delivery using cutting-edge web technologies like React, Redux and GraphQL. We’re reshaping healthcare for the better and this is a unique opportunity for a Sr. Front End Engineer to help us build something that will directly enhance the lives of millions. We need a world-class React developer who can design and build modern web applications, participate in design discussions, review code and make front-end performance improvements.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- In this role, you will work on an agile development team and will be responsible for the front-end development of our responsive web application using React, Typescript, Styled components, Webpack, and Redux
- Develop, implement, and test responsive user interface components using React
- Participate in team standups, cross-collaborate with product owners, backend engineers, designers and automation engineers in an autonomous and supportive team environment
- Build reusable components and evolving component libraries that help us iterate on product designs quickly
- Provide meaningful contribution to code reviews
- Guide and mentor junior engineers towards UI best practices
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Identify defects, troubleshoot and debug application code
- Profile and optimize front-end applications to maximum performance
- Create accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and UI frameworks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Previous experience working as a React developer, with thorough understanding of React concepts and tools such as Redux and Webpack
- Solid understanding of CSS, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and RESTful APIs
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Jest testing framework
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Experience with architecture patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.