This Remote/ Manchester based position is working for a multi-award-winning tech company that specialise in Predictive Analytics. The team set the bar for excellence as individuals and as a team.
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing software applications for Mobysoft, principally leveraging Open Source stacks (Python, MariaDB, TypeScript & Vue.Js), AWS Cloud Platform Services (IaaS & PaaS)
- Mentoring and coaching members of the team to ensure everyone is working to, and improving on, high standards
- Work with Head of Department and Software Engineering Leaders to contribute to the continuing improvement of the department
- Leveraging Open Source stacks, utilising Python, MariaDB, TypeScript & Vue.JS.
- Commercial experience of software development within AWS (IaaS & PaaS)
- Experience of writing high performance enterprise scale applications
- Thorough experience of Object-Oriented concepts within software development
- Experience of using Agile Engineering Practices e.g. CD/CI, TDD, Pair Programming
- Experience of writing unit tests and using unit test frameworks
- Appreciation of secure coding issues and techniques to ensure secure applications
- Experience of Agile Development Methodologies e.g. SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP
PreferredKey Skills & Knowledge
- Leadership skills, including ability to motivate and coach others
- Exposure to other technologies and programming languages e.g., NoSQL, ML, Java and MySQL.