Who are we?
We are Zuma Array www.zuma.ai A British technology company that seeks to redefine the relationship we have with sound and lighting in our homes. Based in Shoreditch within the heart of London’s East End.
“Zuma is a game changer in the way that we listen to music, watch films, or simply relax. The way we have listened to music in our home hasn’t changed in decades, until now. And for most of us lights just went on and off or occasionally dimmed. Complex custom AV solutions take up space, are expensive and very convoluted to use, and most fail over time. Zuma doesn’t just provide a totally new way to experience incredibly immersive sound and superior human centric lighting, it discreetly becomes part of your home”
Our ambition is to create the world's leading fully immersive experiences in the home through sound, light, content and ultimately sensors.
Our team is made up of passionate experts in the fields of acoustic engineering, software engineers, mechanical engineers, IoT, and industrial designers. We are currently gowing and are looking for a passionate and driven best in class Strategically focused Mechanical engineer to help drive Zuma into the future.
We are currently growing and are looking for a passionate and driven best in class Infrastructure engineer to help drive Zuma into the future.
What people say about us
“The sound quality is hugely impressive, with a three-dimensional clarity and volume that is immersive and resonant, despite the absence of a traditional subwoofer.”
“Ingenious…a unique and atmospheric sound that rains down on the listener’s ears”
As an Infrastructure engineer in the engineering team you will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across engineering, to deliver world-class experiences.
On a daily basis you will –
- help build and maintain our existing smart-home devices and services and enable us to rapidly develop new products.
- Manage our builds and deployments across embedded software, cloud services and mobile application software
- This will involve building CI and CD pipelines plus proactive monitoring of our software running on customer devices and in the cloud.
- Write unit-tests, have CI pipelines building code and running automated tests, and release our applications frequently and regularly. We also work with the QA, product and support teams to validate application behaviour across a range of devices and scenarios.
We will love you because you have –
- Experience with make.
- Experience with Git, GitHub and GitLab.
- Experience with Linux and embedded systems.
- Embedded build systems such as Bitbake or Buildroot.
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience with AWS CloudWatch and Grafana
- Experience with continuous integration for hardware applications.
- Experience working with an agile team using scrum or kanban.
We will really love you if you have –
- Experience with kernel development.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience with cmake.
- Experience with alternative build tools such as blaze, GN, ninja or meson.
- Experience with AWS services and libraries.
Together as a team
Together as a team we want to set the standard in the smart home space, delivering best in class experiences for our customers. We drive the development, provision and operation of our products and services using new and existing technology with agile delivery methods. At the same time, we provide a home for skills to both develop and extend technical, people and business skills needed to continuous development and growth.
Whats in it for you?
- The opportunity to work with some of the world's leading talent in our field
- A hybrid working policy
- Employee health insurance
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A competitive salary based on your skillset and experience
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
This role reports to the Head of Engineering. This role is a hybrid role with WFH and London studio.
You might have some questions about the recruitment process and we are more than happy to answer those! Feel free to connect with the Head of Talent email@example.com
So if you are interested in joining some of the world's leading talents please apply now so you aren't disappointed:-)
We thank you for your interest but due to high response volumes we will only be able to contact successful applicants