Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
This role sits in our Payment Performance team – Payment performance means that we work to make payments have a higher probability of succeeding when they come through us — thus ensuring higher revenues to all of our merchants. We do this by combining ML/RL and manual knowledge to make routing algorithms that modify a payment’s parameters in real-time. This makes for an exciting technical challenge: we have to combine high performance (<100ms), reliability (99.99%), and live machine learning, which requires us to be ahead of the market in terms of technology.
How you’ll make an impact
- Drive and support our software and infrastructure engineers working on proprietary algorithms
- Uphold high standards for our uptime and latency requirements while not sacrificing veracity of API responses
- Work with data scientists to make modifications to the platform and algorithms in order to achieve even better results
- Assist in hiring and developing like-minded engineers on the team
- Participate towards maintaining the team’s cohesion and healthiness
- Handle our incident response and post-incident investigation processes; participate in on-call rotations
- Make difficult choices in planning for the long term vision of our infrastructure and its quality while not overengineering.
- Maintain high quality standards and best practices for code, infrastructure and documentation
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Contribute to designing, developing, and delivering new features for our products
What we’re looking for
- Expert level experience with Golang
- Enthusiastic about delivery and experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to new technologies quickly and understand the stakes in doing this
- Experience in designing and managing large, scalable, high throughput, and highly available systems
- Experience with AWS and its basic best-practice architectures
- Strong understanding and appreciation for software design and architecture
- Strong experience with microservice-based infrastructures
- Solid understanding of HTTP and GRPC
- Desire to work on an exciting product suite, within a fast scaling technical business
- Excellent practical knowledge of commonly used patterns in Golang
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact optimally with multidisciplinary teams
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at CKO via
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/