Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs applications and components that meet all technical specifications and business requirements per assigned work items
- Work closely with lead engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Collaborates closely with Business Analysts on developing requirements and may assist with estimating
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Operational Excellence – build, deploy, monitor, and operation of production services
- Mentors other software engineers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field or 7+ years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years’ experience in full lifecycle of software development projects in an agile environment
- Experience with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or other similar relational database management system
- Experience with .NET Core or similar object oriented programming language
- Experience with application containerization, deployment, and orchestration across environments
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation
- Experience building cloud-native applications in Azure or similar cloud service provider
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web applications and RESTful web services
- Basic understanding and ability to troubleshoot applications running within Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of cloud infrastructure and automated provisioning & configuration management
- Basic understanding of networking and internet protocols
- Knowledge of Encryption, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), understanding of OWASP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.