Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world's best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation's largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with holistic medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
You will be joining a remote team of passionate engineers reporting into one of our engineering leaders. In this role, you will work closely with engineering, product, design and customer reliability teams. Parsley Health is an outcome driven organization and your work will directly contribute to the company objectives: expand the business nationally, improve activation, conversion, retention, and expansion of our healthcare products.
We work in a blameless environment and we take ownership and pride in our efforts. We like to work in small cross functional product pods where each pod owns the development lifecycle of their products. We follow agile development practices and encourage each pod to tailor the processes to their needs. Our teams are built on pillars of trust, humility and continuous improvement.
Our Tech Stack
- GCP is our platform for all custom application development and services.
- Services are dockerized and scheduled by Kubernetes.
- gRPC is our common service language. GraphQL is provided for clients.
- Current languages of choice are Golang (new services) and Kotlin (legacy).
- Managed Postgres with Cloud SQL.
- Datadog handles our metrics, Sentry logs exceptions.
- GitHub actions is our CI/CD service.
What You'll Do
- Program new API features to support consumer-facing products
- Develop against and evolve third-party integrations and systems synchronization
- Help implement our new applications and infrastructure leveraging: Google Cloud, gRPC, Kubernetes
- Ensure high code-quality and high availability of our core services infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership
- Mentor other engineers
- Maintain HIPAA compliant logging and security
- Explore promising new technologies to differentiate our care and products
You appreciate the challenge of building reliable, secure, complex systems. You prefer working with typed languages for the reliability they offer. You understand how to modularize systems to enable software teams to scale their efforts. You can't live without CI and know where Kubernetes or Terraform fit into the stack. You love writing tests, care about code quality and enjoy keeping up-to-date on industry best practices. While you can't imagine writing a modern application without the cloud, you have a healthy appreciation for the many ways in which distributed systems may fail. You're always thinking beyond the scope of the current project, and about the larger product vision.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years work experience as a backend software engineer.
- Experience with typed languages such as Scala, Kotlin, Rust, Golang, Java.
- Strong knowledge of Google Cloud / AWS / cloud-centric architecture and design patterns.
- Experience developing APIs in modern applications e.g. gRPC, GraphQL, REST.
- Containerization experience, knowledge of CI tooling, testing frameworks and other code quality tools are crucial.
- Experience with SQL databases, particularly Postgres.
- Experience with comprehensive testing.
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K + Employer Matching
- Commuter Benefits
- No meeting Wednesdays
- Flexible work environment
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.
We also recognize that some people aren’t comfortable applying for a role unless they meet 100% of the listed qualifications. If you’re on the fence or unsure if your experience perfectly matches our job posting, we still encourage you to apply! We have a section of our application where you can explain why you’d be a good fit for this position even if you don’t meet every qualification listed.