Who you'll be working with
Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini's Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world's top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Financial Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
The focus of your role
As a key part of a cloud platform team, you will help to shape the company’s technological future. This platform is designed to be an enterprise-wide, dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, secure and reliable solution on public, private and hybrid clouds. This is all achieved with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles in an agile delivery environment.
We are looking for a Senior .NET Developer/Engineer with strong experience in CI/CD and Kubernetes skills.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients as a member of a solution architecture team, typically within/associated with a delivery, proposition or consulting engagement
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, global teams to deliver strategic business, information & technology service architecture development
- Support business development activities in the way of pre-sales, shaping and designing solution architectures for proposals
- Use your C# & ASP.NET skills to help our clients develop their legacy applications on modern cloud-hosted platforms.
- As a key part of the scrum team, help to reshape our clients' core products, working on the green and brownfield solutions using the latest technologies.
- play a large role in the product lifecycle, contributing to design, development & delivery through our automated deployment pipelines.
- Build easy-to-consume services for consumption by a number of other product teams and systems.
- Bring your strong experience of TDD and automation to further increase confidence in and quality of the systems you work on.
What you'll bring
We would expect you to have strong experience in the following:
- C# / .NET
- Messaging (such as Rabbit or Kafka)
Prefer to have skills
- Kubernetes Management (Pref. Rancher)
- Cloud Platform (Pref. AWS)
- Service Mesh (Pref. Istio)
- API Gateways (such as AWS or Kong)
- Databases (Pref. Postgres, Dynamo)
- Infrastructure as Code (Pref. Terraform, Kubernetes operators)
- Monitoring (Pref. Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, Datadog)
- CI / CD (Pref. GitHub, Fleet/Argo CD, SonarQube)
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward-thinking. Working closely with each other and with our clients, we get under the skin of the business and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to the hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.