Asset Management Technology (AMT) is seeking a highly motivated and curious Machine Learning Engineer who is passionate about the application of Emerging Technologies in Financial Services. Join a team of Engineers and Data Scientists to prototype, learn, and ultimately deliver solutions using techniques such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and sophisticated data analytics! There will be many opportunities to partner closely with our investment, quant, and operations associates to identify and apply new and emerging technologies to improve the investment process. Furthermore, you will help deploy, scale, and maintain solutions to ensure longer-term adoption of said technologies.
The role will be available in Boston, MA; Merrimack, NH; Smithfield, RI; Durham, NC; or Westlake, TX.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- End-to-end knowledge of the machine learning project lifecycle including feature engineering, training, validation, and managing models in a production environment
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Proven experience with open-source machine learning frameworks (e.g. scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Proven expertise in navigating large data sets (structured and unstructured)
- Proven experience building and hosting data pipelines, RESTful APIs, and/or front-end applications
- Professional experience with deploying and maintaining multiple ML solutions
- Strong technical foundation and ability to learn new skills and technologies as needed
- Familiarity with at least one unit testing framework and understanding of test-driven development (TDD) concepts and standard methodologies
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills while also demonstrating the ability to be self-sufficient
- Solves a variety of problems, typically of complex scope with minimal reference to established policies and procedures
- Nice to have: Investment Management business domain knowledge across some combination of Research, Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, and Investment Operations
- Computer Science / Engineering related educational background bachelor s degree or equivalent with 3+ years of experience or Masters with 1+ years of experience
The Emerging Technology team is on the frontier of Asset Management Technology and delivers innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally. Our work in this truly groundbreaking initiative will provide a major contribution to Asset Management s investment performance and scale and efficiency objectives.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.