ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: ?www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
ISO is looking for a Senior Lead Data Scientist to join the team in Buffalo Grove, IL. As a Lead Data Scientist, you will:
- Supports and/or implements techniques to create high-performing models that comply with regulatory and privacy requirements and address business objectives and client needs.
- Utilizes statistical, mathematical, and machine learning theory and methodologies to design analytic architecture and solutions.
- Supports and/or participates in the creation of lucid documentation and reports (technical and non-technical) for internal and external clients.
- Leads a team of data scientist at various levels of experience.
- Coaches team members and manages team development.
- Engages in knowledge transfer to team members.
- Execute and monitor project plans for timely project completion, supporting all stages of the analytic pipeline.
- Actively supports innovation, and the integration of new methods and technologies.
- Supports and/or tests new methodologies, software and data sources for continual improvement of quantitative solutions.
- Partners with other data science teams across US and Poland
- Partner with project managers, directors, and other internal project leaders.
- Presents analysis ideas, progress reports and results to internal managers, project owners, and executives.
- Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research, computer science or aligned discipline.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Team-oriented with a track record of building strong internal and external unit partnerships.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects using intermediate and advanced data analysis techniques.
- Proficient across the stages of the data analytic pipeline, from ETL to results communication, supporting knowledge transfer for team growth.
- Skilled with feature engineering and selection methodologies.
- Knowledge in and applied experience with statistical and machine learning.
- Experience using statistical, machine learning, and data management languages (e.g. R, Python, SLQ).
- Experience managing large and complex datasets.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills (technical and non-technical).
- Insurance experience, focusing on the personal lines or related business content.
- Experience with R/Python and SQL
- Experience with cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.