Description – External
Location – Edinburgh,Bristol, remote
We give you a world of potential
We are currently hiring for a talented Senior Java Developer to be based in either our Edinburgh or Bristol offices.
We are committed to ensuring our people have different options available to them so that they can benefit from the right work-life balance! This means that we are looking at applications from people who
- Are looking to work part-time (I know, Ive not seen an option to be a part time Developer either)
- Are looking for condensed hours
- Need flexibility in their day to work around kids/parents/pets or any other commitments
- Dont want to travel to an office every day
So, interested in what else youll benefit from with us?
Youll get to work with a great team who have a real respect for each other and the work that they do. We want people to enjoy what they do, so you can choose whether you want to become a domain expert, or work on a breadth of systems, as we believe in diversity of thought.
Do you want to learn new technologies that you havent work with before? Of course, you can. We will always support and encourage our people to develop their skills, and we will invest in education. We love sharing knowledge at Computershare, community learning is encouraged, and hackathons and spotlight learnings are a regular occurrence.
When restrictions are lifted, and we get back to some kind of normality, there will also be opportunities to travel to some of our other offices to get to know your colleagues in the UK, and Switzerland
Sound like the type of role youre looking for? Great, have a read below to see what youll be doing.
A role you will love
As one of our exceptionally talented Developers, youll be working in our CTS Plans team.
What is CTS Plans? Our Plans business is one of Computershares largest business lines, dealing with the administration of employee share plans for companies across the globe. We have over 35 years of experience in this field and are an industry leader in creating innovative plan designs and implementing engaging enrolment campaigns. CTS is our technology services business that support the department with all things technology.
One of our major pieces of work just now is a large-scale global system integration. We have completed our first region, and are now moving onto the integration with Australia, the US and Asia. This means that there are some great opportunities to be involved in an exciting, high profile project in which youll have the chance to collaborate with colleagues all over the world.
As one of our Senior Java Developers, you will work collaboratively within our cross-functional teams to deliver high quality, maintainable software solutions across a portfolio of applications and supporting frameworks that deliver business value, meet stakeholder expectations and manage technical debt.
Our Senior Developers are looked to for coaching and sharing knowledge with the more junior members of the team. You will be a guide, helping to shape the future of your teams, and the technology to go alongside!
Some other key responsibilities:
- Apply expert knowledge of industry standards, policies, and organisational structure so that you can work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues across wider technology functions
- Proactively evaluate and resolve technical challenges and blockers to minimise their impact on the teams delivery and/or supported products.
- Research emerging technologies and practices to propose improvements and innovations that would benefit the business
- Communicate effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences to: share knowledge and complex ideas; provide updates; influence; challenge; and take on feedback.
What will you bring to the role?
This is a truly collaborative environment, so the passion to work closely with colleagues to embrace and share ideas will be paramount. You will be working with stakeholders across the wider technology teams and business, so communication will be key. You will have the ability to build effective working relationships with people from both a technical, and non-technical background.
We are always looking to innovate, so you will be a curios individual who is keen to investigate new ways of working and grasp new concepts.
Technology; Heres what were looking for:
- Extensive experience as an Enterprise Edition Java developer ideally with experience of Unix/Linux and enterprise application stacks (e.g. JMS, Tomcat) and SQL.
- Experience in open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and Apache-SW libraries.
- A working knowledge of Eclipse, Subversion, Maven, Junit/Mockito is ideal.
- Experience of mobile development using Apache Cordova/PhoneGap is desirable.
- Significant experience in an Agile or DevOps environment, embracing the adoption of practices including automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Committed to the principles of software craftsmanship and clean code.
- Experience of share registry or employee share plan industries is highly desirable
- Experience of FATCA, Trading, Settlements and Payments is highly desirable
Sound like the role for you? Great, apply today!
A company to be proud of
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 12,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 25,000 clients.At Computershare, its more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. #worldofpotential
Rewards designed for you
Employee Share Plan.Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and youll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
Health and Wellbeing.Ourhealth and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future.We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work.Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts.Weve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards.From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of ourpeople,and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers needs to allow us to drive better ou tcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your applicationjourney. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us atTalentAcquisition@ computershare.comdetailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Weve kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment.
In most circumstances we are currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.