Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join the Engineering Experience team as a Sr Platform Software Engineer where you will build and deploy frameworks for our engineering teams. You will also work with Engineering and DevOps teams to help support internal platforms in a 24/7 environment. You will report into one of our small autonomous teams and help improve the day-to-day development experience for our entire Engineering team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Enhance existing tooling around Helm and K8s
- Develop Gitops Workflows for Rally Engineering teams
- Work with Engineering teams to help build their services in Kubernetes
- Help engineers push code from keyboard to production through Github Actions and Jenkins
- Manage Kubernetes infrastructure using Terraform and Ansible
- Build monitors and alerts that keep uptime high, and production incidents low (Splunk, Datadog) and build automation using Python
- Create new APIs, internal platforms, and tools for 1,000 engineers to use every day to get their code shipped
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented programming in popular frameworks such as Flask, Django, Laravel
- 3+ years of experience across at least one of the following disciplines:
- Experience with a major cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience working with Linux containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Has driven substantial improvements to an engineering team’s development process or platform
- 3+ years of experience with a major cloud platform
- 1+ years of experience managing Kubernetes clusters in AWS
- Experience with building and supporting CI/CD platforms for a microservices ecosystem
- Experience building cloud infrastructure with Terraform, Ansible, CDK, or Pulumi
- Experience with Kubernetes frameworks such as Helm, Flux, Argo CD
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.