Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Today’s virtual training environments are segmented and simplistic—the opposite of the real-world’s complex and integrated cyber battlefield. When even the most subtle input can influence every other facet of an operation, the one-dimensional training provided to our armed forces is not only outdated, it flat-out fails to equip them to outpace the operational tempo of the rapidly-evolving multi-domain battlefield. In the virtual arena, new threats emerge every day. IDS provides the tools for warfighters and cyber operators not just to prepare for them, but to anticipate the risks and to be ready for them when they arrive.
Social Media Environment and Internet Replication (SMEIR™), a product of IDS International Government Services, is a digital training solution that provides a full-range, free-play, immersive, realistic and scalable operational practice environment in which warfighters simultaneously train on full-spectrum cyberspace operations and social media analytics during integrated and multi-dimensional exercises.
IDS International is seeking a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to join our growing team and build out the next generation of our internet simulation platform, called SMEIR. Our extensive software suite is deployed into cyber-training exercises in various environments including AWS (GovCloud) and private server clusters. The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will be tasked to manage, improve, and operate our deployment system which launches Docker containers on Kubernetes, and in some cases uses Ansible to deploy Kubernetes pods. We use Slack, Jira and Git for project and software management. Our main office is in Arlington, VA with remote opportunities available for the right candidate.
- Implement and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery for a wide variety of applications.
- Install, configure, and administer Kubernetes clusters.
- Install, configure, and administer services for the Development team, including VMs, networks, testing hardware, and development and testing environments.
- Create and maintain Helm packages for Kubernetes following current best practices.
- Implement and maintain automation and orchestration scripts written in Ansible and Terraform.
- Participate in architectural reviews and encourage the use of best practices within the development team.
- Conduct automated tests, including integration and load testing.
- Analyze the results of integration and load tests to identify system faults or performance concerns.
- Configure system performance monitoring and automated alerting using Prometheus.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with:
- Linux installation and administration and
- Cloud or on-prem virtualization platforms (e.g.: AWS, VMware).
Minimum three (3) years’ experience with:
- MongoDB or other NoSQL database in a production environment,
- Shell, Python, Perl or other common scripting language, and
- System performance monitoring and analysis.
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with:
- Docker and Kubernetes, including the installation and configuration of clusters,
- Microservices architecture,
- Conducting and analyzing the results of load testing,
- Infrastructure as code, and
- IP networking.
Must hold US citizenship.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
- Professional experience in full-stack software development.
- Scrum/agile development methodologies.
- Artificial intelligence / machine learning.
- Familiarity with a variety of build processes.
- Familiarity with git-flow and git submodules.
- Professional experience with:
- Network security, and
- IP routing protocols.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field.Experience managing and configuring Microsoft Windows and Active Directory.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with the Company’s vaccination verification procedures, is required for this position, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email email@example.com and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.
Powered by JazzHR