Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who is always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology?
Are you looking for a Senior DevOps Engineering role and hold experience with AWS, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible & Kubernetes?
Location: Home Based/Remote Salary: Up to £80,000
SC Clearance (Eligibility) Required
Excelerate Recruitment are partnering with a global IT business, which supports their clients through their digital transformation journey. After continued success, they are seeking Senior DevOps Engineers to join their team on a permanent base. You will be joining an esteemed team of Engineers who work together to solve incidents and problems for external clients.
Responsibilities for the Senior DevOps Engineer will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing various infrastructure solutions including Public Cloud eg. Azure and AWS as well as datacenter / private cloud to deliver high availability, rapidly developed, fully automated solutions using predominately open source software which deliver value to the customer.
- Advising our customers on the latest technologies and methodologies, designing and implementing innovative approaches to their problems using Automation.
- Ensuring software standards are maintained
- Understanding security policies and implementing solutions that satisfy the security requirements.
- Designing and implementing solutions which have high availability and are scalable.
- Providing feedback and demonstrating to a wider audience solutions currently being developed and introducing the team to new concepts and products.
- Advise on testing solutions that can be automated to deliver an end to end testing solution for products.
- Advise on monitoring solutions, which can automate error collection and display the results in real time that will improve the customer’s experience.
Skills required for the Senior DevOps Engineer include (but are not limited to):
- Experience with configuration management tools, e.g. Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef.
- Experience with build and provisioning tools, eg. Jenkins (preferred), Terraform, Packer,Team City etc.
- Experience and knowledge of AWS, Azure, bare-metal and Virtual hosting.
- Experience of Test Driven or Behaviour Driven development, and being able to implement automated test solutions
- The ability to integrate various products using APIs enabling a joined up automated approach
- Experience with monitoring systems e.g. ELK, Nagios, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk etc.
- Experience with Docker container hosting including Kubernetes and RedShift for example.
- Experience of modern programing languages, understanding at least one of: Bash script, Python
- Working knowledge of digital delivery processes and methodologies
- Ability to work with an Agile Team, being able to be self-driven and looking for continuous improvements to both the process and the systems.
Please reach out if you feel this opportunity could be for and you wish to discuss the role in further detail. [email protected]