Senior DevOps Engineer
The CI/CD Platform Team are on a mission to deliver a cutting-edge internal DevOps platform to scale the societies DevOps practices and improve the Developer Experience. As part of our growing engineering team, you will be responsible for the delivery of Cloud hosted (AWS/Azure) and SaaS CI/CD platform solutions alongside providing consultancy and support services as required. We invest in our people to ensure we create multi-functional engineers and retain the skills within the organisation – you’ll be working on something truly meaningful with a supportive and close-knit team.
What you’ll be doing
As a core member of the team responsible for the CI/CD platform you will:
- Lead & influence architectural & design decisions for our platform
- Collaborate with architecture, security, engineering teams and the wider engineering community to set up best in class Cloud and CI/CD platforms and subsequently provide guidance on their consumption.
- Lead the engineering of our internal DevOps platform solutions, from design, through build, and run
- Build automation throughout the process for improving developer productivity and efficiency.
- Engineering the CI/CD Pipeline templates & provide timely assistance to the Developer community.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Product Owner, Scrum & the consumers.
- Coach and collaborate with a diverse team to establish and evolve our code security capabilities and help to embed best practices.
- Assist Technical Lead in building the future CI/CD roadmap.
- Line Management responsibility within a feature team to include capability development, coaching, nurturing, performance management and pastoral support Team sizes will range between 2-8 Engineers
- Bring a high level of motivation and enthusiasm to the team, always looking for ways to expand your own skillset and searching for ways to do things better and quicker.
- This role will involve an on-call rota.
We are looking for the following skills, experience and attributes:
- You love working on new initiatives and are comfortable establishing the foundations for others to build on, with the opportunity to influence technology choices and future direction.
- You are eager to technically lead and stay hands-on with technology, so they can continue to innovate, learn and create.
- You are passionate about solving complex DevOps problems, building DevOps pipelines, and working with CI/CD technology Proven experience using Terraform, Kubernetes & Docker but not limited to these technologies as we also use Harness, Artifactory, Jenkins, GitHub, SNYK, SonarQube, Ansible, GitHub Actions & ELK across our Platform.
- Recent experience working with AWS or Azure using infrastructure as code as well as container platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS, AKS.
- Are confident coding in languages such as python or shell scripting.
- Can adopt the principles of SRE
- Can automate the deployment and monitoring of services in public cloud platforms.
- Can Implement changes/improvements to production services, ensuring service uptime.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.