Not all Data Science jobs are created equal. Come to PPD where creativity, innovation, and a focus on healthcare come together to create an exciting and rewarding career.
Clinical research is on the critical path to providing new and life changing therapies to patients, and PPD, a part of Thermo Fisher, is a world leading clinical research organization. As part of our mission to help patients in need, we are dedicated to the use of AI & data science to unlock the wealth of life sciences and healthcare data around us. We are looking for experienced AI engineers with knowledge of NLP and predictive analytics to help us improve all aspects of clinical research operations.
At PPD, our Data Science team tackles a wide array of challenging business problems. We are looking for data scientists who excel at finding novel solutions that utilize new technologies. We do this by executing advanced analytics of complex and high-dimensional datasets through application of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and/or advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, and generate valuable predictive business insights. The data science team supports organizational leadership through data-driven decision validation and support.
The successful candidate…
- Effectively collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to identify questions and business challenges and determine plans of action in order to effectively define, design, and develop machine learning models and algorithms to derive insights into each problem.
- Generates and tests hypotheses and analyzes and interprets the results.
- Consolidates, analyzes and evaluates unstructured, diverse data sources to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, and generate actionable business insights and solutions.
- Navigates large, complex datasets to identify related data that is fundamental to successfully applying predictive and machine learning techniques, and supporting continuous improvement efforts and business process upgrades
- Designs, develops, and evaluates predictive models and algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data in order to support business process improvements and solve business challenges.
- Identifies and evaluates new secondary data sources to contribute to departmental and company objectives, as well as novel ways of analyzing data, and drives resulting process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Effectively communicates and guides stakeholders through the machine learning process; Interprets and communicates findings and solutions from analysis and experiments to a broad audience, including business leadership.
Minimum Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a role with comparable responsibilities.
- Experience in data modeling and machine learning is highly desirable.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of application of statistics, programming, data modeling, and advanced mathematics to business questions for data analysis
- Proven experience in a data science programming language (e.g. Python, R, SAS etc.) and other data science-related tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics)
- In depth knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas is preferred: Snowflake, AWS EMR, Spark, etc.
- Experience of building statistical and machine learning models (such as linear regression, logistical regression, random forest, k-nearest neighbors, deep learning etc.)
- Experience of working with healthcare data is preferred
- Proven ability to deliver accurate work products in a cross-functional matrix environment spanning data warehousing, data modeling, and data analytics while managing multiple competing priorities
- Sound analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency in developing detailed analysis and models
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in a fast-paced and multi-tasks environment
- Demonstrated creativity in identifying non-traditional data sources in addition to rigorous application of leading analytic techniques
- Solid executive presence with ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels