Every day, millions of people search for their perfect flight, hotel or rental car on Skyscanner! Our team is responsible for delivering data science solutions that power data-driven products across all these verticals and experimentation is a key part of this.
Our Data Science Advertising team plays an important role in supporting Skyscanner's sustainable business model. We are responsible for helping our partners reach millions of people, using powerful ads to help them on this journey!
We are turning our global data into significant insights and recommendations: helping airlines run more profitably, airports find new customers, and destination and marketing agencies understand demand. As a Senior Data Scientist you will work with cross-functional teams of Engineers, Product and Commercial Managers to drive our advertising and data product forward.
The role will include:
- Contributing to scoping, defining and prototyping new data products, and improving existing ones.
- Performing statistical analyses and build machine learning solutions to support Skyscanner product and business needs.
- Building, deploying and maintaining ML models in production environments.
- Researching new ways of modelling data for actionable insights and product improvements.
- Designing and evaluating thorough experiments to generate findings and measure the effectiveness of our products.
Some of our expectations for the role include:
- You have experience working as a Data Scientist or ML engineer in the advertising space.
- 5+ years experience working in a Data Science role.
- Youre comfortable with Python and Spark
- Experience with cloud platforms and software development tools (AWS/GCP/Azure, Git, Docker, CI/CD)
- Good data querying skills using variations of SQL dialects
- Experience communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- You have a user-centric mentality.
- You enjoy delivering in a dynamic environment with teammates from a variety of teams.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and priorities.
- You are happy to work mostly independently and ask for help when needed.
- Actively look to evangelize Data Science across Skyscanner, efficiently collaborating with others to identify and scope out new opportunities for data science work to positively impact our product and vision.
Where youll be:
- This role can be in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh or Barcelona
What else can we offer you
Already a global leader in travel, we want to elevate the way we work to a whole other level. In return, youll get meaningful things like medical insurance, headspace subscriptions, a home office allowance and the option to buy more holiday. Youll have the opportunity to work from any country for 4 weeks a year, and 30 days in our other global offices. Everything, in other words, to help you relax and give your best.