GDI is seeking applicants for a Senior Data Scientist to join our technical team. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, can successfully navigate complexity and ambiguity, make informed decisions, knows when to reference documentation and when to ask for advice, and leaves things better than they found them.
In this role, you will be highly analytical and possess a strong mathematical background in machine learning and statistics, as well as a passion for countering disinformation and building ethical, unbiased solutions.
- Work with data scientists, software engineers, intel analysts, and product managers to formulate, research, and implement machine learning solutions to detect and analyse online disinformation.
- Interpret and develop solutions to understand the complex online ecosystem by using a range of techniques, such as statistics, machine learning techniques, and other methods.
- Identify opportunities to add customer value and use the Python tech stack to build proof-of-concepts and prototype ideas.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience collaborating with teams of data scientists and software engineers.
- Well-rounded knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and experimental design.
- Understanding data modeling and experience working with various data sources (APIs, CSVs, JSON).
- Experience building scalable software products, data pipelines, and deploying machine learning models.
- Proficiency with the Python machine learning stack and SQL.
- Familiarity with Git, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with NLP, social network analysis, data visualisation, interpretability, and exploratory analysis.
- Ability to communicate challenging technical problems to a non-technical audience.
- Skills to operate effectively in a fast-paced, complex business.
- Passion for countering disinformation.
- Professional fluency in languages other than English.
- Problem solver and doer; someone who just “steps up.”
- Past experience working as part of a remote/virtual team.
Remote – Based, and right to work, in the UK, Germany, or the USA (preferably in the following states: Texas, New York, Florida, or D.C.).
Lead Data Scientist
Hours and Terms
Working hours are flexible. Full-time (37.5 per week).
As a global organization, some flexibility for cross-time zone communication to be available for limited virtual meetings outside of office hours is required.
Competitive salary based on location and expertise.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for this role.
ALL APPLICATIONS ENCOURAGED TO BE SUBMITTED BY 18 JANUARY 2022.